I really wish people would stop thinking I was stupid when it comes to my pregnancy. I know I've never had a child before this one, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of myself. I wouldn't do things if I didn't know it was safe for me AND my unborn child! Why do you think I quit my job? Because it was too stressful, and knowing my medical history and how I'm not good under high stress due to my seizures? I'm so tired of people telling me, "well then why did you get pregnant?" It's called an accident! So many people get pregnant on accident so why am I any different? I know there are so many ways to prevent pregnancy but when you've been told that you may not be able to have kids, why bother? I know I've had a miscarriage but since I was told that I might not be able to even get pregnant and then I did and had that miscarriage, I just thought that I wouldn't be able to carry one to term. And no one knows how hard it is for me to even explain all of this let alone live with it. No one understands and no one probably ever will.
I appreciate the advice everyone is giving me, I really do...but when people give me advice in such a smart ass tone and it's almost like they're pretty much telling me I'm already a bad mother. It sickens me. I'm not stupid. Every little thing I do that I think I might not be doing like taking a bath, using certain soaps or perfumes or shampoos, doing a half way back bend to relieve some pressure on my back, eating and drinking certain things, taking certain medicines, etc...I ask my OB about everything! And the last time I checked, she went to school to do what she does and wouldn't tell me something if it weren't true. She's not stupid. So I wish people would stop assuming I'm doing all of these things without consulting my OB about it first. I am more cautious with this pregnancy because I had that miscarriage. And I could really care less if anyone thinks I'm being too cautious or careful because I'd rather be overly cautious then not cautious enough. Urghh people just piss me off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment